IGN have done a great interview with Sebastian “we’re not worthy” Eriksson, CEO & Game Designer at Coffee Stain North.
So many details to share but here are some bullet points:
- NPC’s have personality and are split into different behavioural groups
- They’ve been busy working on the game for five years.
- The map is 18 times bigger with 20-25 hours of core content
- Lots of surprise environments to visit
- Used GTA5 map as inspiration
- Electricity, fire, oil and “stickiness” will be a big part of the fun
- Electricity will make cars go fast
- You can destroy pretty much anything
- Mutator system replaced with “Goat Gears”
- Switch out helmets, backpacks etc. Each have different abilities and can be freely combined.
- Nine different “Goat Types”
- Game has an actual story with quests and puzzles.
- Story will absolutely not get in the way of however you want to play.
- Quests can be tackled in any order you want.
- Seven included mini games which can be played anywhere on the map
- Make an NPC’s head grow bigger than the planet if you like, they’re not going to stop you.
- Grind, drive cars, traversal was a priority for the team.
I mean it sounds like an absolute blast. What more could you possibly want from a Goat sequel???