I can buy goat simulator but it says not playable on device

I am using Xbox S

Only new gen consoles as the Xbox series S|X and ps5

1 Like

I have the same problem. I purchased a physical PS5 copy and I’m trying to play it on my PS5. Kinda aggravating.

Online xbox store, microsoft store goat 3 box art plainly shows X/S. I SAW COFFEE STAIN say it works on both plus ps5 and pc. ART OF GOAT 3 Shown at Wal-mart, best buy Gamestop shows ART of this game SPECIFICALLY for Series X and NOT for Series S. I purchased in microsoft store where the ART Clearly says this game for, and optimized for X/S ! I purchased and when I download it throws up a warning stating NOT COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR SYSTEM. I dumped over half my hard drive and have over 400 gigs free and set up my settings for x/s games to go to the system hard drive and not to the secondary hard drive. I have changed my password. I have rebooted, unplugged, etc. trying to get this to play on my Series S and nothing works. I got an xbox email with ‘play now’ button under goat3 ad. I press it, it says ‘Buy’, I press that and (having bought it days ago) the buy button turns into a download button. I press that and it shows my System Icon with my system name. I check the box by it and hit download to my system. It shows my system name and says ‘qued’ …and again the download screen says NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS SYSTEM.

DOES THIS GAME PLAY ON series s OR NOT ???

Only on the small new S

Thanks for the reply. So basically a Series S is an anchor that does not support new games.
Us idiots who bought a Series S are a bunch of Doofs.
New Game ? You will need another new System

Perfect. Im done

explain please i’m getting an s

They are making a newer Series S… a smaller version that supposedly will play more games whish seems rediculous to me. My best suggestion is to NOT BUY a Series S and DO buy the Series X.
I think the Series S is the “32x” of xbox and after they make a ton of money selling another dead end system all serious projects will be for the X and whatever the next year system will be.
The promise of backwards compatible is a joke. If you want to play the latest games you shouldnt buy a hold-over system called S.
Get the GOOD ONE for the future games. Which right now is the Series X. No regrets. Buy an S and youll be sorry in a year or less. …like me. I wish I had never got a Series S… it was a waste of time and money. PLus I bought about 40 disc games for it and the new mini version doesnt even have a disc drive so all that too was just a total waste of time and money.
Look up Sega 32x. Thats what a Series S is turning out. A money blitz for them. A piece of waste for poor gamers who didn’t buy an X to begin with.
Wait a bit longer… buy the X. Avoid the rehash of a nowhere bound system

x is too expensive guess i’m not getting the game

Keep saving up.
I still have to figure out how to get a refund for the digital download I bought that said it was for Series S (but Not for My Series S).
Its just crazy.
Game makers are struggling to meet X/S required framerates so why is my S already obsolete ?
Someone is making millions off if this poorly thought out debacle.

Good luck

Could you send a picture of the series s you have?

1 Like

its not a saving up problem i am getting it if i get good exam grades and i have never had a console before too

i might get it i’m also going to boarding in a few months don’t think i can bring it there but i could use it when i come back on holiday

Well, my wife found a buyer at her work but they wanted my machine on the same day, so now I dont have a console to play on Thanksgiving. Now Im saving up for my X. Maybe by Christmas.
Good luck

Are you sure you aren’t confusing it with an Xbox One S…?

That’s what I think too

1 Like

xbox one s is a different thing

1 Like

Yeah so I’m assuming WALKERNATER is confusing the consoles as they have similar names and I’ve not heard anything about the Xbox Series S not being able to play a game X can

okay

can you please send a picture of your Series S?

1 Like