Frequently Asked Questions

Welcome to our FAQ. Please read this thread before asking a question. We try to keep it updated!

General

Are you still updating or planning to update Goat Simulator 1?
– No. Only the mobile version of Goat Simulator 1 at the moment.

I have a question, how do I get an answer?
– Contact us at goatsimulator3@coffeestain.se or send a DM to CoffeeStainNrth on Twitter.

I have a problem with the game, where can I find help?
– If you have problems with Goat Simulator 3 on PC/console it’s best to contact goatsimulator3@coffeestain.se or create a post in ⁠bug_reports over on our Discord server.

For Goat Simulator 1 or 3 on mobile please reach out to android-support@goat-simulator.com or ios-support@goat-simulator.com depending on what phone you’re using.

I have a game-breaking bug or problem with the game, where can I report it?
– Please fill out our support form. Thank you!

Coffee Stain

What’s the deal with all the “Coffee Stain” game devs?
Coffee Stain North is located in Stockholm. We were previously called “Gone North Games” before Coffee Stain Studios acquired us. We released a game called “A Story About My Uncle” and later on worked on some of the DLCs for Goat Simulator. Now we handle all Goat Simulator-related stuff (except for the mobile version).

Coffee Stain Publishing is also located in Stockholm. They help other devs with publishing. Like Valheim (developed by Iron Gate), Deep Rock Galactic (developed by Ghost Ship Games), etc.

Coffee Stain Studios is located in Skövde and made the base Goat Simulator game. Now they’re working on Satisfactory. If you have any questions about Satisfactory, contact them, not us.

Even though we work on independent projects, we sometimes help each other with stuff.

Goat Simulator 3

Are you serious about this?
– Have we ever been unserious about anything?

What platforms are you on?
PC: Epic Games Store and MS Store. Coming to Steam on February 15, 2024!
Consoles: Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5
Mobile: Android and iOS

Does it have multiplayer?
– Yass, for up to four goats on PC/consoles. On GS3 mobile you can play with one friend only.

Does it have mod support?
– Right now our focus is on the main game, but some kind of mod or creative modes might be looked into in the future.

Is Goat Sim 3 available on mobile?
– Yes!! We released a mobile port for Goat Simulator 3 on December 5, 2023, on both Android and iOS.

Are you working on an update? I need new content! >:(
– We’re currently working on our first DLC for Goat Simulator 3. Originally, we planned to release it around the 1st anniversary of GS3. But the ideas just kept flowing in and it got bigger and bigger, so we had to push the release further and further. But hopefully, it will come out in 2024!
Besides that, our internal team (who worked on the Easter/Summer Update) is working on a new content update that is a vehicle-focused mini-game.

Since the game is out on mobile and soon on Steam, will it come to PS4/Xbox One/Switch too?
– Right now our focus is on Steam, mobile and the DLC. But we’re always aiming for world domination, so hopefully in the future.

What happened to the new gears from the Gear Competition you held?
– We’re currently working on them! It got a bit postponed because we had so much work to do with Steam and the mobile release.You can see some WIP on our Instagram @CoffeeStainNorth and in this video.

Why are so secretive about release dates and new content for Goat Simulator 3?
– It’s because we don’t wanna crunch, overpromise and then underdeliver or disappoint you guys. So we try to keep our deadlines as internal as possible so we can tweak things, move things around, and deliver something that we’re really proud of.

Will there be a mod workshop on Steam for GS3?
– Unfortunately no. We don’t have this in our pipeline for the moment. But you never know!

Does GS3 work on the Steam Deck?
– We haven’t tried it yet, hopefully we can get it to work.

Will there be trading cards on Steam for GS3?
– Yass!

Will Goat Simulator 3 have all of the downloadable content from Goat Simulator 1 eventually?
– No plans for this right now. We’re focusing on new goat experiences atm with the upcoming DLC. Just trying to do new things with the Goat Simulator world.

On which platforms can you crossplay?
Steam + Epic Games = crossplay
iOS + Android = crossplay
Xbox X/S + Microsoft Store = crossplay
Xbox X/S + PS5 = NO crossplay

I’ve played GS3 on Epic, can I sync my progress on Steam?
– There isn’t an automatic way to do this. But we’re looking into manual solutions.

Are you planning to do more crossovers with other games/developers in the future?
– Nothing planned. But we had a lot of fun with the CATAN crossover, so we’re open to doing more crossovers in the future!

I don’t have a disc reader on my PC, will I still be able to play Goat Simulator 3 if I order the Goat In A Box Edition?
– There’ll be a flyer with the Epic key as well. You don’t have to use the disc to install it.

Why is it called “Goat Simulator 3”? Why not “Goat Simulator 2”?
– It was a typo.

Bonus question!
Didn’t you announce a Goat Simulator musical?
– That wasn’t me, that was Patricia.

14 Likes

My question is if GS3 will get more updates or if the game will stay as it is when it’s released ( and I don’t mean DLC’s )

Great Q&A, thx for the EPIC game

5 Likes

they said they would “focus on the main game” and look at dlcs and mods later but said nothing about updates

4 Likes

Will there be mmo sim and will it truly be an mmo?

4 Likes

There no plans yet for DLC’s

5 Likes

Mmo means hundreds of people, right now it’s only 4 so I don’t think so

3 Likes

i know there is no crossplay but what about crossplay between xbox series s and x

3 Likes

Xbox between Xbox is compatible does not matter if it’s series s or -x

8 Likes

thanks

4 Likes

Will you consider an option to have the original goat sim 1 soundtrack to play whilst playing goat sim 3 because i love the game its incredible but id love it more with the classic original track … Thanks!

3 Likes

Question: They mentioned Steam above, however the game has since been released on those platforms with the exception of Steam. Rather, it’s been released on Epic Games instead. I would like to ask if and when we will get Goat Simulator 3 on Steam…?

I refuse to give Epic Games my debit card at this time.

3 Likes

The game has not come to old gen consoles, switch, or steam. They are considering porting it to more platforms but currently there are no plans as far as we are aware. For steam, I believe they have a 1 year deal with epic and then there is the possibility of them adding it.

10 Likes

What’s wrong with giving epic your debit card? I only got scammed twice

2 Likes

Hey there @Peekofwar , they prob won’t add it to older consoles or switch, steam I don’t really know actually but I think that @TheColorW is right, I’ve read of a deal of around 1 year with Epic. If you like GS3 so much and you don’t have where to play it or you want it to be aviable on Steam, I’d suggest you Goat Of Duty. I’ve played it and it’s quite good and funny for playing alone or even with friends, I really like it, just for letting you know :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s on Steam
By the way, welcome! :tada:

11 Likes

:skull:

4 Likes

Yeah, i made a topic about that game, but it’s still in early access

8 Likes

Yeah I know, I knew that game existed because of your topic lol

9 Likes

My question: Can i get pre order bonus now?

4 Likes

If you preordered it yes, otherwise no there is no other way to get it

4 Likes

hi i´m new at the forum

3 Likes